Thursday, December 17, 2009

Making a difference in someone's life...

I think, that is the main thought that keeps a teacher going.

Although I do not teach the 3rd year students officially, I had some 3rd year students approach me to help them with writing or speaking outside classes. 2 particular students whom I had helped last month to prepare them for their university entrance examinations, both passed their exams and got a place in the universities that they wanted to go! Imaike whom I helped with writing and Yaida whom I helped with preparing for a interview with the university. Although I only gave some advice and seen them like 3 times only, both of them (and their form teachers) came to look for me, bowed and thanked me so sincerely that I am so touched. I doubt any of my students in Singapore will do such things!

0 comments: