Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Living my dream

I am sorry for giving out this blog url and in the end, I never did update this page much. I had intended this blog, to be an amazing blog because I believed I will be having an amazing time in Japan. And this blog will be filled with photos and quotes and learning points.

Well. In the end, I used facebook more than anything else because it was convenient to upload photos for everyone to see. But I realized that not much reflection was done for all the places/events/things that I saw or did or experienced. Which is kinda bad. I am still now debating what's the best way to retain all these wonderful memories that I have created here. Should I create a photo book? Or something?? Thinking in Progress.

Sometimes it's amazing how time flies. It seemed like it was just yesterday when I was new and ignorant of almost everything. For example, I threw my plastic bottle in the bin beside my table in the office for consecutively 5 days until one day, I found one of the bottles on my table with a small note saying "Recycle bin please." And then I found out that nobody throws plastic bottles in normal garbage bins. *embarrassed!* But that, sometimes, seemed so long ago too.

I have started preparing to send things home as I plan for my return when my contract ends. Also, time has become something difficult to gauge since I have been here. Next August seems so far away but it also seems so near.

As I was walking around the class watching my students attempting to do one of my worksheets diligently in the quiet classroom and noticing the sun shining on the trees that are turning reddish yellow with the mountain range in backdrop, I suddenly had this intense feeling of bliss. How many people really have the chance to do this? To live in Japan, to experience the 4 seasons (well, i come from a place which only has summer!) to teach these students attired in their cool uniform (cool because we used to only see it in comic books and movies and dramas) and interact with them in close proximity although we speak a different language.

I am indeed living my dream. And I need to focus on this fact and remind myself how lucky I am as I stumble along my journey in Japan.

0 comments: