Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Journals

I get my students to write journals to basically just practice writing paragraphs in English.

And sometimes, I get some very interesting reads.

For example, in one class alone, I had a very wide range of answers for the topic - If I could spend one day with anybody in this world, I would like to meet....

a) I want to meet Anpanman. Because I want to eat his face. His face looks soft and good taste. I want to see his face change. I want to tell him, "You are so cute!". Then, I want to fly away with him.

b) I want to meet Jack the Ripper. He was a murderous fiend in London in the 19th century. I want to meet him because I want to know his true character. When I meet him, I want to ask him, "Why did you slaughter so many people?"

c) I want to meet Galileo Galilei. He was called the Father of Modern Science" and is a famous great person. I want to meet him because I want to know about astronomy. He knows alot of things. I want to know more. When I meet him, I want to tell him "Please teach me Astronomy!" I want to look at constellations with him.

It's very interesting to see all the different types of answers!

0 comments: